AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why does overwriting a feature service in ArcGIS Online change the relationship index?

Question asked by jvw122 on Sep 8, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 18, 2018 by jvw122

I have a recurring project where I update a geodatabase every quarter. The geodatabase contains a feature class with relationships to multiple tables. Because of this update schedule, I also overwrite the feature service published to ArcGIS Online each quarter from ArcGIS Pro.

With the last update, I noticed that the relationship index changed between each relationship table. In the web map feature class popup, this change of relationship index disrupted a line chart in the that uses one of the related tables.

Is anyone aware of how ArcGIS Pro or ArcGIS Online determines the relationship index during publishing when multiple relationship classes exist in the geodatabase? Or, is there a way to to ensure that the same relationship index is created each time I overwrite the feature service?

If the relationship indices are randomly assigned, maybe this needs to fixed so that there is a system so this error does not persist. If I have to update the line chart after every feature service overwrite, that will be very annoying.

Outcomes