How do I get my query widget unique values back?

08-17-2018 01:27 PM
AliciaNewberry
New Contributor III

At some point in the recent past, the query widget in WAB was updated, and it's now causing my unique values to be replaced by a "search more" link. I do not want that functionality, as it is just another thing my users have to click to be able to get the right value. It also makes it appear as if the unique value they've typed in is not in the database, even though you can find it if you click the "search more" link, but my users are used to doing it the way it used to be and don't even know they need to click anything to get more results. It's like the query widget is only populating the first bit of unique values and then grouping all of the rest of them under this "search more" link. I realize that this is probably for performance reasons, but how do I get my unique values back?  I need them!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Alicia,

That is not the behavior in WAB 2.9 so it must be time for you to update.

0 Kudos
AliciaNewberry
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

My WAB application is hosted by ArcGIS Online, it is not the developer edition. So shouldn't I have the newest version? Is there a way to check?

Alicia

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Correct if you are using AGOL WAB then you will have the latest version. Strange I do not see what you are seeing though.

0 Kudos
AliciaNewberry
New Contributor III

This started happening a couple of months ago. Before I was able to type in a parcel ID or address and the search would quickly narrow it down for me without having to click anything else. Now it starts out with a drop down of "empty" and when I type in a value, it's not finding it if it's alphabetically or numerically up the scale. So I can get all the addresses that begin with a 1, but not with a 2 or higher. It seems to happen with larger datasets, like parcels and addresses. Could it be an issue with the 1000 record limit in AGOL? I've updated those specific services to have a higher limit, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. 

0 Kudos
JohnLucotch2
Occasional Contributor

Based on the code in the developer version ESRI set the limit to 1000.  I had to increase the amount at the location.  I know this is the developers version but that is why you are not getting the larger limit you set in AGOL. 

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Could this thread be a factor in the issue that you are seeing?

https://community.esri.com/message/782599-web-app-builder-returns-data-out-of-order-june-2018-update 

0 Kudos
JohnLucotch2
Occasional Contributor

We just ran into that problem and you can switch it back to the original unique values drop down in the developers version. 

0 Kudos
AndyWells
Occasional Contributor II

Can you give a little detail on how you did that? I've run into the same problem. I am using 2.10, and I feel like I had this problem with an older version and fixed it, but now I have no idea how.

0 Kudos
Marshal
New Contributor III

I would also like to know how this issue was resolved.  Any insight perhaps?

0 Kudos