how to load value from layer to form in collector

Jump to solution
08-09-2018 07:15 AM
MRReddy
Occasional Contributor

i have some 5 layers in map and they got values. when a field officer clicks on map and keeps a marker on some building, how do i get building id or address from layer and filled in form.

I'm new to collector. Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

When the layer is editable you can click on an item and enter the attributes and select the text to copy and paste it in the other element. This requires a number of steps and will have different behavior depending the OS you are using on the device. My advice is, if this information does not have to be specified in the field, to use something like a Spatial Join—Help | ArcGIS Desktop to add this information in batch. That will be much more efficient than specifying the data manually in the field. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
XanderBakker

In Collector you cannot automatically fill an attribute with a value from another feature layer. This would be more a manual copy and paste action. My question is if this is something that needs to be collected in the field or could you settle for a post process that automatically fills the data afterwards?

0 Kudos
MRReddy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply

You are saying that i could fill the data in the internal process right?

I have no idea how to implement or i couldn't find any examples related

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

When the layer is editable you can click on an item and enter the attributes and select the text to copy and paste it in the other element. This requires a number of steps and will have different behavior depending the OS you are using on the device. My advice is, if this information does not have to be specified in the field, to use something like a Spatial Join—Help | ArcGIS Desktop to add this information in batch. That will be much more efficient than specifying the data manually in the field. 

0 Kudos