Using Survey123 while Collecting Line Data in Collector

07-20-2018 07:03 AM
Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

I have a group that would like to move into the 21st century and collect data via a mobile platform. They are counting alligators while on an airboat. They count animals an record various size ranges, as well as record the path of the airboat. Presently, they use two separate programs to accomplish this and link/relate the two later. Ideally, I would like to combine two tasks into a much easier workflow. They would create a new line feature and record the path of the airboat through Collector, and at the same time, use Survey123 to assist with the counting. I've seen many posts related to calling S123 from Collector for a single point, but nothing about calling S123 while collecting data for line. Is this possible? While I'm collecting the line in Collector through stream mode, can I call S123 to enter data, then back to Collector to stop collecting  the line?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. This may be a long shot, but have you looked at https://community.esri.com/community/esri-labs/blog/2018/07/13/introducing-quickcapture-for-arcgis 

In regards with invoking Survey123 from Collector, the technique to preload data into Survey123 from Collector is the same for points and polylines.

0 Kudos