Layer - Poor Performance

06-01-2018 08:11 AM
ChrisHolmes
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I have a layer, looks like the attachment below. I would like to publish this as a map service to use in a web map application. It will only be for display purposes/background. But performance is quite poor when running it through mxdperfstat, mostly the three query layers. Looking for some ideas on possibly how to improve the performance or maybe a better way to view/use the layer. These poor results even occur at a scale of 1:1000. I would like to be able to display the legend also.

thanks

Here's a snapshot of the mxdperfstats results:

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Can you provide some detail on the architecture of your query layers (e.g. database source and version, does the query layer source use joins between tables)?

0 Kudos
ChrisHolmes

Thanks Michael. If I click on the layer properties, I can see that the source is our corp sde database:

If I click on Change Query I see:

This works fine on desktop where it was originally designed for and used. Recently it was handed over to me to use it in a web appbuilder application, and it's just too slow.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Just out of curiosity how many records are in your query layers?

What version of ArcMap are you working in?

0 Kudos
ChrisHolmes

Thanks Michael.

We are using ArcMap 10.5.1

Low density query layer: 281144 records

Medium density query layer: 17624 records

High density query layer: 15089 records

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is the Oracle database you are using a complete SDE database or is it just an Oracle database that has ESRI spatial libraries installed so the data can be spatially enabled with ST_Geometry?

0 Kudos
ChrisHolmes

It is a complete SDE database.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ChrisHolmes

Any further thoughts anyone?

thanks

0 Kudos
TeroRönkkö
Occasional Contributor

Did you ever get solution for this? We ran into situation where once querylayer that worked adequately is now making arcmap unresponsive and rendering takes upto 1200 seconds per refresh. I think arcmap is doing somekind of full table scan on the data on almost every pan of the map and as it is based on versioned views it takes a looong time to both fetch and draw the data.  -> We are moving to precalculated materialized views.

0 Kudos