Why is it not possible to send e-mail to the organistion users directly from ArcGIS Online?

12-05-2017 12:07 AM
Tom_MøllerBerg
New Contributor

Why is it not possible to sendt e-mail to the organisation users directly from AGOL or Portal?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tom,

AGOL does not have a built in SMTP server is one reason. 

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

HI Tom,

Creating a way of notifying users in the organization is something that we are considering. Currently, there are some external scripts that enable this capability using something like this script: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2018/01/22/a-simple-e-mail-notification-system-for-... 

I'd suggest supporting and following this idea on Introduce email notifications for ArcGIS.com group owners & members.  or submit a new idea.

Could you provide some additional details about the circumstances in which you would want to email your organization and how often?

Password reset?

Notify of new content?

General contact?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
SamGuilford
New Contributor III

Hello Kelly,

I'm not sure whether this now exists (I think not), but as an AGOL administrator, it would be very useful to be able to email multiple users at once, in separate emails. For instance, I periodically need to cull out accounts that are no longer in use. Rather than simply deleting them, I'd like to be able to give those users a chance to either opt back in for access or retrieve any data they might want to save before their account gets deleted. A mass email - again, preferably in separate emails - sent to all affected users would be ideal.As it stands, there doesn't seem to be any way to do this. 

I visited the 

- Sam