ArcGIS PRO 2.1.3 brought new defect - ERROR 001841: The class was not found%s. Failed to execute (AssignDomainToField).

05-24-2018 01:35 AM
AbhijeetKulkarni
Occasional Contributor

hi all,

Anyone using ArcGIS PRO 2.13 have tried below steps and been successful?

1. Connect to database (Oracle 12c) using easyconnectstring.

2. Complete pre-requisite steps to create new utility network.

3. Execute 'create Utility network'- Utility Network created

4. Execute 'add domain network' - Domain network created

5. Add subtype to one of featureclasses e.g. StructureBoundary - subtype created

6. Assign domain to AssetType of this new subtype and save.

7. ERROR 001841: The class was not found%s. Failed to execute (AssignDomainToField).

This is happening with every subtype I create and repeatable.

Kory Kramer‌, hope this is known bug?  This is kind of showstopper for custom data model creation if one is using 2.1.3.  This isn't problem in 2.1.2 though.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I didn't see this in a quick search of our Support cases.  I'd definitely recommend logging a case to investigate.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
JonathanFarmer_oldaccount
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Kory got with me on this post and I've been working to see if I could reproduce the behavior on my end based on the steps you mentioned. So far, I don't see this same error in either ArcGIS Pro 2.1.3 or 2.2 Beta. 

These are the steps I took, can you let me know if I am missing something here?

1. Created a new 10.6 Enterprise geodatabase on an Oracle 12.1.0.2 instance (SDE schema, using the Create Enterprise Geodatabase tool in Pro)
  2. Connected in ArcGIS Pro 2.1.3 as sys and ran the Create Database User tool to create a new UN owner user
  3. Made a connection in Pro as this new user
  4. I worked with the sample data for my test so I took the Naperville Electric feature dataset that includes all the needed information and worked with that. More information on that data is here: Get started with the Electric Distribution Utility Network Configuration—Get Started | ArcGIS for El... 
  5. I ran the Create Utility Network tool using this Naperville data which created a new UN
  6. I then ran the Disable Network Topology tool as that is required before running Add Domain Network
  7. I then ran Add Domain Network which ran successfully
  8. I then right clicked on Structure Boundary in the Catalog pane and went to Design and then Subtypes
  9. I added a new subtype to ASSETGROUP
  10. I then clicked in the ASSETTYPE field and was able to choose a domain and click save with no issues

It looks like we may need to get a support case created to further troubleshoot this issue. I can get a case created for you so that we can work together on this if you like? Just let me know and I'll do that.

Jonathan

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Abhijeet Kulkarni‌ unless you are outside the US in which case you would follow your normal support workflow of logging a case with the distributor.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
AbhijeetKulkarni
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kory,

I am based in India so I will get support call logged with distributor here. 

Thank you.

AbhijeetKulkarni
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

Steps 1 to 3: All good.

Step 4: I didn't use any standard sample data. Instead I created new dataset with new ServiceArea FC for which you can set any area as service area (by creating polygon in it).

Step 5: Run 'Create Utility Network tool' with new dataset and ServiceArea created in previous step.

Step 6: Is this step required if 'Enable Network Topology' wasn't done on UN created in previous step with new dataset? In my case I didn't do it (in 2.1.2 and 2.1.3)

Step 7 to 9: Same as mentioned by you.

Step 10: I would get error here.

I will get this logged with local distributor here but I am keen to know if its reproducible for you with above steps.

Thank You,

Abhijeet

0 Kudos