Survey123 Web UI not retrieving records

05-15-2018 07:37 AM
AndrewLand2
New Contributor

Recently we've been unable to browse submitted survey results using the Survey123 Web UI and "Data" view.

Some inspection into the web traffic revealed that invalid tokens are being generated on requests to access the data

Are there known issues occurring right now?

I also recently fielded a call from an end user, attempting to view submitted records and print a report using the Survey123 web UI (typical to his workflow), and this user was having issues accessing submitted records as well.  In this case though, the submitted records were via a form with a custom submission URL.  The records are submitted to a table related to a parent point feature layer.  While inspecting his web traffic, the requests were being denied as the Survey123 web UI was looking for the relationship class to be pushed through typical default system maintained primary and foreign keys (i.e. globalid and parentglobalid for repeating sections), but the service is setup and has been operating fine on user managed primary and foreign keys, until recently.

In both cases, users can collect and submit data with no issues, all data is being pushed through REST into respective tables as expected, and is viewable in AGO Web Maps, Web Apps, Web Maps in Collector, Web Maps in Explorer, via ArcGIS Pro, just not via the Survey123 web UI.

Just trying to understand if these new issues that weren't impacting any workflows prior are known issues, and if so, what those are and / or what requirements may have changed that may prompt us to either modify and re-publish services and/or form definitions.

Best,

Andrew

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AprilChipman
Occasional Contributor III

I don't know if my problem is related to this (there was a lot in the above question that I didn't understand), but I'm getting an "http failure response for (unknown url): 0 Unknown Error" error message when trying to generate a report from Survey123 data. 

The reports worked earlier this morning, but now are always giving this error.

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi April,

If you are not already, can you please try to generate a report with the default template for the survey?  Do you get the same error?  How many reports do you typically run each day, and how many in a row?

There is a chance that the error is due to an attempt for too many reports of varying complexity being generated at the same time.  Please try again, as well as with the default template and let us know your results.

Thanks,

Brandon

AprilChipman
Occasional Contributor III

About an hour after I messaged this morning, the reports started working as expected (albeit *very* slowly) in Chrome. But, after lunch I have encountered the same issue and error in Chrome and Firefox. Internet Explorer 11.0.9600 worked for the first report generation, but after that one I can't even change to a different record without refreshing the entire page.

Using the default Print button worked like a charm in both Chrome and Firefox. I had to refresh the page in Internet Explorer before the default Print button would work.

I typically do not run reports every day. Usually once a week, approximately 20-30 reports.

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andrew, 

There are not any changes that have taken place that would be leading to the inability to access the 'Data' section of the Survey123 website.  If possible, please answer the questions below and try the recommendations listed.

1. Which browser are you using when encountering the issue?  Please try on a 2nd or 3rd browser and let us know if there are different results.

2. You mentioned a 'user' also encountering the same behavior.  Are they attempting to view records from the same survey?

3. How was the survey created, using Survey123 Connect, or the Web Designer on the Survey123 website?  If possible, would you be able to share the 'Viewer' capabilities to the survey via the 'Collaborate' options and/or the XLSForm that was used to create the survey?  If so, please let me know so that I can send you my email and AGOL username.

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos
AndrewLand2
New Contributor

Hi Brandon, thanks for getting back to me.  Issues simply viewing submitted records are alleviated when using Edge (haven't tested mozilla, etc), Chrome is choking on them, I'll review recent Chrome updates.

To answer your second question, different survey.  This issue still occurs in Chrome and Edge.  In this particular case There is a hosted AGOL Feature Layer, Points, with a related table.  The Survey123 form is configured to submit records to the related table.  Data collection is still fine, results are being pushed through and accessible everywhere except the Survey123 web UI.  I can view the parent records via the data tab in the Survey123 Web UI, but am unable to access the child records submitted to the related table.  When selecting a parent record and attempting to view individual responses to those records, the follow 400 exception is being thrown (discovered via fiddler, happy to do another capture and share the session export with you):

{"error":{"code":400,"message":"Cannot perform query. Invalid query parameters.","details":["'Invalid field: parentglobalid' parameter is invalid"]}}

The relationship class between the points and related table in the service results are being pushed to is based on two user managed fields.  It looks like the Web UI is expecting the relationship to be based on a globalid and parentglobalid when making the request to access those individual responses?  The end user in this case, historically was able to view parent records and individual responses, and print reports based on those responses as recent as a couple months ago.  The form in this case was built using Survey123 Connect.

I can setup up a demo service replicating this second issue and share with you, feel free to email your AGOL user info

Best,

Andrew

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andrew,

Good to hear that the 'Data' page is loading successfully using Edge.  Please let us know what you find in regards to Chrome.

As for the error that you are encountering when attempting to view individual responses, you are correct in that the relationship between the parent layer and the related table needs to be based on a globalid and parentglobalid.

Please take a look at the following Blog, if you have not already, and review the 'Limitations when working with repeats in your XLSForm' section towards the bottom.  Let me know if this information helps.

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos