displaying map in a modal/popup window

02-03-2011 11:48 PM
AbuDawud
New Contributor
I am trying to display a map in a modal panel/child window which I am able to do however when I click on the map it does not give me the correct coordinates back. The coordinates are always a little bit out. I am bringing back the address of where I clicked and can see the road name to be incorrect.

Are the maps not supposed to be displayed in a modal panel or is there something else i need to do to get the map to recognise the onclick event correctly. I noticed that in all the samples the map is displayed on a different page and does not open a popup.

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AbuDawud
New Contributor
I am trying to display a map in a modal panel/child window which I am able to do however when I click on the map it does not give me the correct coordinates back. The coordinates are always a little bit out. I am bringing back the address of where I clicked and can see the road name to be incorrect.

Are the maps not supposed to be displayed in a modal panel or is there something else i need to do to get the map to recognise the onclick event correctly. I noticed that in all the samples the map is displayed on a different page and does not open a popup.

Thanks in advance

EDIT::

I have tried the map outside of a popup too i.e navigated to the page on a button click and still the x and y axis seem to be slightly out probably about 10px but I am not sure.

Has anyone else seen this kind of behaviour or have any idea why the map click would be slightly out

Thanks again
0 Kudos
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
AbuDawud
New Contributor
Thanks for the response and the link

I have implemented my map using the dojo dialog window however I still seem to have the same problem in that the graphic on the map is not pointing to the same address that the locator function returns.  i.e locator.locationToAddress(evt.mapPoint, 10);

Any ideas??
0 Kudos
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
Can you post your .css file for the app?
0 Kudos