Why does the form never load since adding a repeating field?

04-19-2018 05:23 PM
TerryWalker1
New Contributor

I have an end user who was working fine in Survey123 until she added a repeating field into her form.  Now, when she tries to load it online, she just gets a spinning wheel that never finishes loading.  She did confirm that she added the "end repeat" text mentioned in the instructions, but I don't know what else to look for.  Does anyone have suggestions we can try?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Terry,

By 'loading online' are you referring to the viewing the survey in a browser?  That should work.  Can they share teh survey's XLS file?

0 Kudos
TerryWalker1
New Contributor

Sorry, yes, I did get permission to post the form publicly.  I've updated my original post to add the file.

When she loads the form, it just spins forever, no error and no progress.  Since there's no error number, I don't have anything specific to search online.

0 Kudos
TerryWalker1
New Contributor

p.s. And it's not the browser.  She's using "Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS".

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Terry,

As best I can determine, the issue is the large number of relevant statements (nearly every question appears to have them).  The best practice is to apply the relevant statements on groups and repeats when more than 1 question shares the relevant statement and remove them from the individual questions.

In order to continue the survey, you will probably need to open up the form's .xml file and delete it's contents, save the empty file, and then save the xlsx file to be able to load the form in Survey123 Connect.

0 Kudos