Image not showing up in web app pop-up

Jump to solution
04-18-2018 09:20 PM
BijoyaGanguli
New Contributor

Hello! I am creating a web app using Web AppBuilder which has a map with pictures attached to it. I converted the pictures to their thumbnail format ( 100x100, size 5.4 kb) from makethumbnails.com. I downloaded them and inserted the thumbnail url (with jpg extension) in the attribute table of the shapefiles and I have done the necessary configuration of the pop-up. But the thumbnail is not shown in the pop-up, instead a small icon is appearing, which looks like this:

I am not sure why this is happening. Can anyone please help me on this matter?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Bijoya,

You can not use a physical path like the C drive in your path to the image when doing web development. You need to create a virtual directory in IIS that way you have a actual url to put in the link field and not a physical path that the client app has no clue what to do with.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Bijoya,

Can you share one of the url so that I can see it?

0 Kudos
BijoyaGanguli
New Contributor

This is the URL:

C:\Users\bijoy\Desktop\Sem 4\Advanced Geoinformatics\Mini Project\Project2\GreenfieldCityPhotos\thumbnails\5_tn.jpg

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Bijoya,

You can not use a physical path like the C drive in your path to the image when doing web development. You need to create a virtual directory in IIS that way you have a actual url to put in the link field and not a physical path that the client app has no clue what to do with.

BijoyaGanguli
New Contributor

Thank you so much. I am really grateful for the help.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the "Mark Correct" link on the reply that answered your question.

0 Kudos
mohammedfagihi
New Contributor

I've tried to add an image URL from the field like {ImgUr} but it's not showing anything

0 Kudos