AnsweredAssumed Answered

Allow users to switch symbologies based on attribute of interest, ArcGIS Javascript API

Question asked by MollyKFoley on Mar 5, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 13, 2018 by MollyKFoley

I will be creating a web map using the Javascript API but I'm really new to the whole thing and I'm wondering if this is possible. I have a vector layer which contains attributes on habitat status, coarse habitat classification, and fine habitat classification. I would like to allow users to switch between symbologies based on these attributes. For example, the habitat status attribute holds 0s and 1s, thus it's symbology would show two different colors. The coarse habitat classification attribute holds about twenty different codes, thus it's symbology would show twenty different colors. The fine habitat classification attributes holds even more codes, thus more colors. 

To achieve this, do I need to create different symbology renderers and then activate them based on clicks to some button or something on the interface? Or do I need to publish the same layer symbolized in the ways I want as three separate services?

Outcomes