Need help creating a website with Query Task functionality?

Jump to solution
03-01-2018 07:00 AM
RichardLafleur1
New Contributor

I have a website I am creating for free for a Cemetery in Herndon, VA. Currently I have the Staff Version of the site created with its functionality working well. Now i am looking to create a General Public Version of the Site with only the ability to query results based off of specific search needs. For instance if some one came to the site and wanted to know how many and who was burried between the death dates of 1855 and 1865. They could put those parameters into the search box and the information would popup with highlighted locations and a popup info box for each record clicked on. There are other search criteria I am looking for to be included. I have the sample from the api for arcgis but am not sure how to tweak it to work in my favor. Also, none of this is 3D.

I have included two files:

1. is a picture of what I would like the site and its functionality to have. In the picture I have a Drop down box, this is where the public can pick what type of search they are looking to do. They click on one and a search box with the parameters pops up on the bottom of the screen. They then put the info in or chose options  and hit "doQuery" and a popuptemplate appears with the Interred individuals information.

2. is the STAFF Version of the website, You can use this as a starting point for layout and map reference. I just need the update box in the upper right removed and replaced with the functionality of the api link i am including here.

QueryTask | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.6 

If you can either help me with a starting point or if you would like to do it yourself I will be appreciative either way.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Richard,

I found some time to work on this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RichardLafleur1
New Contributor

Can anyone tell me if this is even possible?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Richard,

I found some time to work on this.

RichardLafleur1
New Contributor

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me with this. It is so awesome. You are a miracle worker and have saved me from spending hours on this while deployed.

Again Thanks

Richard

0 Kudos