Select to view content in your preferred language

Use ArcGIS.com Symbol Styles in ArcGIS Pro

02-16-2018 04:04 PM
DanAllen
Frequent Contributor

Is there a way to import all of the points symbol styles used in an ArcGIS.com map to ArcGIS Pro?  When I publish my data from Pro, I want it to already have the ArcGIS.com symbols by default.  This would save a step after publishing from Pro having to open my feature service in an ArcGIS.com map and apply ArcGIS.com symbols I want to use.

Currently I publish from ArcMap, and it is a pain to have to redo all the symbols in ArcGIS.com, was hoping that this process would be improved in the latest version of ArcGIS Pro.

In Pro, I tried Insert/Add a Style/All portal / search, but it wasn't really clear if the full ArcGIS.com symbol set was there to access.

Thanks

1 Reply
RobBlash
Frequent Contributor

I'm on the same quest and I've yet to find a good style template that mimics what's on ArcGIS Online. However, it seems that some of the more simple symbols (i.e. filled circle) published from Pro render way better than those published from ArcMap. I have not yet experimented with more complex symbols, but the style gallery listed in the "Import Styles" section here looks promising:

Styles—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Let us know if you do find anything!