automatic authentication for AGOL web app?

02-12-2018 09:08 AM
AurelieShapiro
Occasional Contributor II

hi there,

I have an app that is shared with my organization (we have an institutional account) - I do not want it public because there is sensitive information in it.

The app is intended to be embedded in a simple website that is accessed by SSO authentication (the same accounts we use for our institutional AGOL). How can I make the app automatically visible in the website without the user having to log in again? 

Is there a way to have sort of automatic authentication?

I looked into the registered app logins, (Implementing App Login | ArcGIS for Developers) but the options are way over my head...

what URL can I put in my iframe to remove the login window and have users automatically log in, either with the same SSO credentials, or one same Viewer account for everyone? I see I have a token and stuff but don't know what to do with it...or do I need to get a developer or web designer or both?

thanks for your help!  

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not an expert but I discussed this question with my colleague and he told me this isn't possible via an iFrame. It might be possible if you are using windows authentication and create your website in such a way that the app opened in a new tab/window. 

Mostly he suggested that since you want to keep both the website and the application internal you might want to explore downloading the template for the application you are using and hosting it locally.

What application are you using?

AurelieShapiro
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Katie,

We are using Google Workspace for the website - which is easy for non-techies. But yes, I think downloading the template, or limiting the access via arcGIS Server are my only options...

thanks again,

-a

0 Kudos