Get Error When Access Secured AGS Feature Service from AGOL

02-02-2018 01:33 PM
deleted-user-GpZRmORkzrlh
New Contributor III

I created a secured feature service via ArcGIS for Server and then added it as an item to AGOL. This service is used by Survey123 using the submission url parameter. I was able to access this service from AGOL over the past year successfully. Just recently, I went  to access the service url from AGOL and now get the error below. I am able to access the service just fine directly from ArcGIS for Server, just not from AGOL. Could a recent AGOL update have affected this functionality? Our client is also getting the same results from his AGOL organization. We have not changed this service over the past several months.

Error

Services Directory has been disabled.

Error: 403
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kelly,

AGOL does not allow you to browse the service directory. But if you use the full url to your service you will not have any problem.

i.e. http ://services3.arcgis.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/arcgis/rest/services/ParksFinder/FeatureServer 

works

But

http ://services3.arcgis.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/arcgis/rest/services

Will produce the error you have above.

deleted-user-GpZRmORkzrlh
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kelly,

That is strange I have never seen a FeatureServer on the Utility.arcgis.com server it has always been services1-9.arcgis.com. This is the message I receive when using ?f=pjson at the end:

"message": "You do not have permissions to access this resource or perform this operation.",
0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Is this item shared publicly or are you appending a token/logging in with your ArcGIS Online credentials when you try to access the service? Does this still work in a web map in ArcGIS Online? 

-Kelly

0 Kudos
Rodriguez_Carlos__ITD_
New Contributor

We are also having this issue. We have a secured service hosted on a local 10.7 ArcGIS Server, we created a feature layer in AGOL pointing to a table in the secured layer with the credentials stored in the AGOL item. We are trying to query the table using rest and get the same error mentioned above. 

0 Kudos