AnsweredAssumed Answered

Print Report - Words not to use in field names?

Question asked by k.brown on Jan 24, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 30, 2018 by k.brown

Are there certain words that should not be used in field names if we are using the Print to Custom Report tool on the Survey123 website?  I had been successfully utilizing the print to Word tool, however, since the most recent update to the website (the Great Wall Release v2.6) two templates are now broken.  

The first I have isolated the problem to the following fields: {$property_notes}, {$SACM_notes}, {$HAZM_UWASTE_notes}, and {$photo_note}.  Removing these from the template and it works just fine.  If any are included, an error message such as the following occurs: 

An error occurred while generating report.  Hide details

get errors when rendering the template: The scope parser for the tag photo_note failed to execute

The second template fails if I include any field that includes the word "description".  For example, including {$sample_description} results in the following:

An error occurred while generating report.  Hide details

get errors when rendering the template: The tag "sample_description" should be the only text in this paragraph The tag "Inaccessible_area_description" should be the only text in this paragraph

Both templates work fine prior to v2.6 release.  

Please advise if the words "note" and "description" should be avoided in the naming of fields in any part.  Since both surveys are active, changing the field names may be challenging without breaking other parts of the workflow.   

Thank you,

Outcomes