Badly Formatted Table List Error

Jump to solution
12-03-2019 11:18 AM
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Getting my feet wet with Survey123 Connect. I wanted to physically reformat a survey so that the sections in it flow the same way as a paper form it will replace. I'm slowly copy/pasting items from the original XLSForm into a brand new one and I'm getting this error:

Unless I missed it, I didn't see this error in the documentation or through searching the group. I've attached the XLSForm that's generating this issue.

Thanks!

Steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikailaBell
New Contributor III

You are getting the error because you're including table-list for the appearance of the group. You can't use that with "pages" style, is my understanding.

I downloaded your file. When I cleared the "table list" appearance for the group (on row 49 of your survey tab), then the form will build without error.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Not sure if this is it for you but I do see commas in your lists.  These can cause issues. Try removing. The > and % in your name column may not be allowed also.  Not sure.

0 Kudos
MikailaBell
New Contributor III

You are getting the error because you're including table-list for the appearance of the group. You can't use that with "pages" style, is my understanding.

I downloaded your file. When I cleared the "table list" appearance for the group (on row 49 of your survey tab), then the form will build without error.

SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Ok, that explains why the original XLSForm I was copying this from works fine (it doesn't use the table-list). I was having trouble re-arranging sections in my original XLSForm  (I had a blank page with no questions even though they existed in the survey tab) so I decided to create a fresh one and bring in sections of the survey. I wondered why that original version wasn't using table-list. I guess that's why!

Thanks.

0 Kudos