Print Report - Words not to use in field names?

01-24-2018 08:12 PM
KevinBrown10
New Contributor III

Are there certain words that should not be used in field names if we are using the Print to Custom Report tool on the Survey123 website?  I had been successfully utilizing the print to Word tool, however, since the most recent update to the website (the Great Wall Release v2.6) two templates are now broken.  

The first I have isolated the problem to the following fields: {$property_notes}, {$SACM_notes}, {$HAZM_UWASTE_notes}, and {$photo_note}.  Removing these from the template and it works just fine.  If any are included, an error message such as the following occurs: 

An error occurred while generating report.  Hide details

get errors when rendering the template: The scope parser for the tag photo_note failed to execute

The second template fails if I include any field that includes the word "description".  For example, including {$sample_description} results in the following:

An error occurred while generating report.  Hide details

get errors when rendering the template: The tag "sample_description" should be the only text in this paragraph The tag "Inaccessible_area_description" should be the only text in this paragraph

Both templates work fine prior to v2.6 release.  

Please advise if the words "note" and "description" should be avoided in the naming of fields in any part.  Since both surveys are active, changing the field names may be challenging without breaking other parts of the workflow.   

Thank you,

Tags (3)
7 Replies
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kevin,

From our initial investigation, both the issues are related to multiline text question (text area). It would be helpful if you can help us confirm that all questions related to these two issues are all multiline text question (text area) type.

No reserved keywords so far for the report template : ) A hotfix planned within days to fix this.

0 Kudos
KevinBrown10
New Contributor III

Yes, all trouble fields are indeed multiline text questions.   

Thanks for looking into this so quickly!

Kevin

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kevin,

We have released a hotfix which addresses this issue, would you mind having a try on https://survey123.arcgis.com to see if it works for you?

KevinBrown10
New Contributor III

Yes, that worked.

Thank you

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Kudos
JamesBailey
Occasional Contributor

Hi Zhifang Wang
I am having similar issue with generating reports. From what I have read online it appears that appearance:”multiline” is not compatible with nested repeats for feature reports. Is there a fix in place or specific formatting I may be doing wrong?

Cheers

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi James,

There is no known issue about the usage of appearance:"multiline" for a multiline text question. Would you mind sharing your XLSForm and the report template (a simplified version that can reproduce the issue would be better) for us to investigate?

Thanks,

Zhifang

0 Kudos
JamesBailey
Occasional Contributor

I have attached XLSForm and report template (in full) with csv for pulldata reasons. I had several text fields which didn't honor the format they were entered into Survey123 once generated into report template so I tried to apply appearance:multiline to all my multiline questions but received the below error to dozens of fields. 

Error occurred when rendering by the report engine. The tag "nestedrepeat.repeatedfield|appearance:"multiline"". The tag "nestedrepeat2.repeatedfield2|appearance:"multiline"" should be the only text in this paragraph. 

the error was not applied to all multiline but was not consistent why some errored and why others didn't. I ended up deleting appearance:multiline from many fields to see if it would fix the issue, the report template attached is the version before the deletes happened. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos