AnsweredAssumed Answered

000042: Failed to create the address locator.

Question asked by michaelolsen1 on Jan 12, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 16, 2018 by KKramer-esristaff

I am trying to evaluate the product for my organization. We want to create a mobile map to use with ArcGIS Navigator. I am ALWAYS getting this error when running the Create Address Locator tool. 

Executing Create Address Locator...
ERROR 000042: Failed to create the address locator.
Failed to execute (CreateAddressLocator).

Parameters
Address Locator Style General - Single Field
Reference Data latlong_fixed 'Primary Table'
Field Map 'Feature ID' Location VISIBLE NONE;*KeyField OID VISIBLE NONE;'Display X' lon VISIBLE NONE;'Display Y' Lat VISIBLE NONE;'Min X value for extent' <None> VISIBLE NONE;'Max X value for extent' <None> VISIBLE NONE;'Min Y value for extent' <None> VISIBLE NONE;'Max Y value for extent' <None> VISIBLE NONE;'Additional Field' ADDR_K1 VISIBLE NONE;'Altname JoinID' <None> VISIBLE NONE
Output Address Locator C:\Users\michaelolsen\Documents\ArcGIS\Projects\Test\latlong_fixed_CreateAddressL
Configuration keyword
Enable suggestions DISABLED

I have tried simplifying the project to the point of a single text file as my data source but it still fails. None of the online docs I have found have helped and I have spent a great deal of time looking. I was able to build a mobile package without the locator, but it never shows in Navigator and I am led to believe that is because it was missing the locator.

Help would be greatly appreciated! My only option at this point is to give up.

Outcomes