Value not returning to user with mobile app

01-05-2018 10:07 AM
JohnMarra
New Contributor III

I created a note field that is returning the values of a previous 2 time fields with some text in the label. It displays properly in the web app version of the survey but not the mobile app.

Here is the code i'm using..

Borehole Start/End Time ${field_8} / ${field_9}

In the mobile app all I see is "/"

in the web app I see "Borehole Start/End Time 13:01:51 / 13:15:51", which is correct.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi John,

For the mobile app you need to concat the string together in Connect and also use format-date to get the numeric string format of start and end fields into a date format. For example the calculation in note field would be:

concat('Borehole Start/End Time ', format-date(${start_time},'%d-%m-%Y %H:%M'), ' / ', format-date(${end_time},'%d-%m-%Y %H:%M'))

If you only want to show time and not date, then remove the %d-%m-%Y part. More examples of supported date and time formatting can be found in this blog: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/04/17/dates-and-time-in-survey123-for-arcgis 

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
JohnMarra
New Contributor III

Thanks Philip 

Works perfectly!

JohnMarra
New Contributor III

I did have to make 2 separate forms for web and mobile app as the web app because they don't appear to process the code the same.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi John,

Yes, there is a current known issue in our backlog with the time formatting differences between the web and mobile app, I have updated your comments in the issue. Using two forms will help workaround this issue, the option would be to try and use calculations in null fields and hidden fields that the note points to, all in the one survey for both, to be able to change the formatting in app to display a format that the web app will also be able to process.

Phil.

0 Kudos