Export Global ID to CSV file

01-02-2018 04:27 PM
KevinKozak
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to create a CSV file to use in my Survey123 form. One of the fields I want to include in the CSV file is the Global ID from a feature class. However, when I try to export the feature class to excel, the Global ID field is not included. Is there a way to export the Global ID with the other fields I need to use?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kevin,

Are you exporting via the Survey123 website or ArcGIS Online? Both should include the GlobalID field as default. Just to double check, do you have GlobalIDs enabled on your feature class, can you see them in the data table by selecting the additional columns using the  button.

Via the Survey123 website the GlobalID field will be exported when selecting CSV or Excel on the Data tab for the survey using the Export option along the top menu bar.

If using ArcGIS Online you need to go to the Item details Overview page, and select Export Data. The export will be saved to the folder of your choice, and then able to be downloaded. The export also includes the GlobalID field as default as well as other system metadata fields.

Hope that helps, if you are trying to download the data from a different location please let me know.

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

To check if you have GlobalIDs enabled on your feature class, open the Item details page in ArcGIS Online, select the layer you want to view from the Layers section, and then scroll down to the Fields section (it should look something like this):

0 Kudos
KevinKozak
Occasional Contributor

Hello Philip,

I created the Global ID field in the feature class before creating the service. The Global ID is displaying in AGOL too.  In ArcMap I used the Table to Excel Conversion Tool to export the feature class data. I also made sure the fields were displaying.  Below are my results. The first image is from ArcCatalog and the second is from Excel.

0 Kudos
KevinKozak
Occasional Contributor

I did create the CSV file in AGOL and it did include the Global ID. So not sure why the Tool from ArcToolbox is not working.