Feature Layer Popups don't show in 4.6 with a Vector Tile Layer added to the map

Jump to solution
12-28-2017 09:36 AM
ToddAtkins
Occasional Contributor

In 4.6, if a VectorTileLayer is added to a map and the VectorTileLayer's visible property is set to false, then FeatureLayerPopups no longer appear. However, if VectorTileLayer.visible = true then FeatureLayer popups work as expected. This behavior is not found in 4.5.

I setup a codepen at https://codepen.io/tatkins/pen/aEJGdg using one of the Esri samples and added a VectorTileLayer as well. The popups will show when clicking the map if vLayer.visible = true OR by changing the API from 4.6 to 4.5.

Is this a bug or expected behavior or am I just doing something wrong here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ToddAtkins
Occasional Contributor

I spoke with Esri about this and they have filed a bug for this issue:

#BUG-000110617 Adding the VectorTileLayer and FeatureLayer on a map using JS API 4.6, if the "visible" property of the VectorTileLayer is set to "false", the popupTemplate set for the FeatureLayer does not display.poke with Esri support and they have filed a bug for this:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ToddAtkins
Occasional Contributor

I spoke with Esri about this and they have filed a bug for this issue:

#BUG-000110617 Adding the VectorTileLayer and FeatureLayer on a map using JS API 4.6, if the "visible" property of the VectorTileLayer is set to "false", the popupTemplate set for the FeatureLayer does not display.poke with Esri support and they have filed a bug for this:

0 Kudos