AnsweredAssumed Answered

Python Script error 000732

Question asked by rachel.dipietro2 on Dec 8, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 10, 2017 by xander_bakker

I am trying to run a Python Script for a batch of radar shapefiles to do a hotspot analysis, but after one of my lines, I get a 000732 error saying my feature class does not exist or is not supported. Here is the text up until I receive the error:

>>> import arcpy, sys, traceback
>>> arcpy.env.workspace="D:\\THESIS WORK\\IL Tower Mortality Profile\\Thesis\\"
>>> in_path="D:\\THESIS WORK\\IL Tower Mortality Profile\\Thesis\\centILradarF16"
>>> out_path="D:\\THESIS WORK\\IL Tower Mortality Profile\\Thesis\\centILhotspotsF16"
>>> site="KILX"
>>> year="2016"
>>> season="Fall"
>>> time="peak"
>>> feat_class="KILX_V06_20160902_233310.shp"
>>> in_fc=site+year+season+time+"_5pcnt.shp"
>>> out_shp=out_path+in_fc
>>> if arcpy.Exists(out_shp):arcpy.Delete_management(out_shp)
>>> arcpy.CopyFeatures_management(feat_class,out_shp)

Runtime error  Traceback (most recent call last):   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>   File "c:\program files (x86)\arcgis\desktop10.5\arcpy\arcpy\management.py", line 2586, in CopyFeatures     raise e ExecuteError: ERROR 000732: Input Features: Dataset KILX_V06_20160902_233310.shp does not exist or is not supported

I checked the ArcGIS Help on unsupported data types, and Personal Geodatabases and Excel files were listed. I am working from a File Geodatabase, and the data types I am working with are shapefiles. I also checked for a Subtypes tab in the feature class properties to re-enter the default subtype code, but there was no Subtypes tab. The pathway in the in_path is the correct location for the shapefile.

I am new to Python, so there could easily be something I am missing here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Outcomes