Custom Email URL not working in browser

12-04-2017 05:18 AM
IngridAldridge1
New Contributor III

I have built a survey using Survey123 Connect.  In it I have a calculate field which creates an email hyperlink.  The hyperlink works in the apps but not through the browser (which is where I actually need it).  I have it set up as a

calculate field called Qemail with the calculate field populated with the equation

concat('<a href="mailto:gis@canalrivertrust.org.uk?subject=Towpath Accessibility Feedback','&body=Please contact me regarding the Towpath Accessibility data as I would like to follow up on how it was created. %0D%0ASpecifically, I was reviewing the area around ', ${LayerName}, ' Reference ID: ',  ${RefID}, '">Email the GIS Team</a>')

I then have a note field with the calculate field populated with the value ${Qemail}. 

As I stated in the apps this works perfectly.  In the browser when I inspect the element the value is <a> Email the GIS Team </a> with none of the html content.  Any ideas or is this a known issue?

Thank you

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ingrid,

I can see the behavior you are describing and have filed an issue to correct it. There are other ways to automatically have e-mails generated, though- Ismael blogged about this last week A simple e-mail notification system for Survey123 for ArcGIS and we are working on an alternative capability (available for initial testing in the Early Adopter Community).

IngridAldridge1
New Contributor III

Hi James,

I read Ismael's blog and it was very interesting.  I am absolutely looking at implementing it for some of our processes.  Unfortunately, that will not resolve what we were trying to achieve here which is to create an email with details about a specific feature.  We are linking the survey through a custom attribute in a web map to serve through an app.  Therefore, individuals can create a survey and open an email to contact us about the feature they are referencing.  I will simply not have the detailed email for now.  I look forward to the future capabilities.  Thank you for you reply.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have a look at this posting as it could help you out.

https://community.esri.com/thread/194609-not-your-standard-note-question-email-link 

0 Kudos
IngridAldridge1
New Contributor III

Hi Mike,

Thanks for this.  My email actually does work as long as the survey is accessed through the app.  It is only when the survey is accessed through the https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/ browser that the email ceases to be treated as a hyperlink and does not work.  However, I appreciate the effort in providing details.