Compilation window is not showing

11-23-2017 04:10 AM
ManuelaSchmidt
New Contributor

Hello there,

I just installed the ArcGIS Maps for Adobe® Creative Cloud® plugin (I'm using Adobe CC 22.0.1 64-bit on Windows 10 Pro). While the Mapboards tab works as shown in the video tutorials, the Compilation tab is not showing. After defining the map extent and clicking on "Preview and add content..." it just opens a completely blank window. I already made sure I have write access on the following folders: C:\Users\<youruser>\AppData\Roaming\ and C:\Users\<youruser>\Documents\Adobe\

Any hints on how to solve this? Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Manu

8 Replies
StevenMoore1
Esri Contributor

Hi Manuela,

Are you using a non-English version of Illustrator or Windows?

Thanks,

Steve

ManuelaSchmidt
New Contributor

Hi Steve,

Yes, I'm using the German versions of Windows and Adobe products. I just changed my Adobe settings to English and reinstalled Photoshop and Illustrator. And voilà: It works! Thanks for the help! Would be great if this could be added to the installation instructions...

Cheers,
Manu

DaniellaCollins
New Contributor

Hi,

I installed the plugin for ArcGIS Maps for Adobe® Creative Cloud® and when I opened it up in Illustrator, the compilation window remains blank. I have reinstalled Illustrator, and deleted the plugin and reinstalled that as well - but it is still doing the same thing. 

Do you have any advice on how to rectify this? 

Many thanks

Daniella

0 Kudos
StevenMoore1
Esri Contributor

Hi Daniella,

Are you also using a non-English version of Illustrator?

If not, what release of Illustrator are you using? 

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
DaniellaCollins
New Contributor

Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am using an English (I am in South Africa) version of illustrator -

uninstalled and reinstalled today.

Thanks

Daniella Levin

Mapdezign

*https://dezignideazct.wixsite.com/dezign

<https://dezignideazct.wixsite.com/dezign>*

0 Kudos
SarahBell
Esri Contributor

Hi Daniella,

Just to make sure, the Compilation window will remain blank until a mapboard is drawn in the Mapboards window. After defining a mapboard in the Mapboards window, does the Compilation window still stay blank?

Thanks,

Sarah

0 Kudos
DaniellaCollins
New Contributor

Hi.

Unfortunately yes. I have tried many times. There is no change.

The strange thing is that when I tried using the plugin with a trial version of illustrator before deciding whether creative cloud was the way to go - it worked. Then when I purchased and installed it again the plugin started doing this blank screen thing.

I hope someone can help as I was really excited to have the opportunity to Use the plugin.

Daniella

0 Kudos
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi Daniella, 

Do you have other version of Adobe products installed as well (in addition to creative cloud)? If you are continuing to have issues you can PM me and we might need to setup some time to screen share to see if the extension is still correctly installed after your upgrade to CC.

Thanks

Madhura

0 Kudos