Can I use soil data viewer in ArcGIS Pro?

11-20-2017 08:34 AM
DavidPalacios
New Contributor

Good day everyone, 

I'm working on my project for one of my design classes and need to generate a soil map data using SSURGO data to work of for my project. I'm aware in the regular ArcMap, you need to install the soil data viewer add-in. My question is can this extention work in Pro or, if not, then any solution on how I can go about creating the soil map?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

If you are referring to thisAdd-In: Download and Install Soil Data Viewer 6.2 | NRCS Soils  . It states that it is compatible with ArcGIS ArcMap up to version 10.3. An Add-In for ArcMap is based on ArcObjects and not compatible with ArcGIS Pro. I also noticed something depending on MS Access and ArcGIS Pro does currently not support Access either.

Maybe it is best to contact the USDA to see if they have any plans to port the Add-In to ArcGIS Pro or to change the data format.

JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

David:

Are you aware of the SSURGO data available in Esri's Living Atlas?  These online data can be used in ArcGIS Pro.

http://landscapeteam.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html?appid=e5148c75efb04d06b65ab10446060c... 

SheriNorton
Occasional Contributor II

I spoke with a representative from NRCS last year and was told that a version of Soil Data Viewer for Pro would be released this year sometime (2024).

0 Kudos