WAB Edit widget Feature Layer mode

11-15-2017 10:13 AM
JeffPace
MVP Alum

Is there a way to either set the WAB Edit widget Feature layer mode (selection, snapshot, ondemand, etc..) ?

We have a layer with a trigger (before insert( that creates an id in a field .  There is a related table that linked to that field.  Our problem is that when the point is created, and then you go into the related table, the id value is not populated until you refresh the app.  So you have to

1. log in

2. create point

3. refresh browser/re log in

4. select point

5. create related records

Id really like to skip steps 3 and 4.  anyway possible?

@Derek Law

Tags (2)
6 Replies
JeffPace
MVP Alum
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

Sorry I don't have any insight on this one.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Sorry not sure on this one - looks like a good question for support - they can investigate and determine if there is a bug. 

0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum

Its not a bug, more like a limitation.  I think the Edit Widget loads the Feature Layer in Snapshot mode.  I was hoping to maybe change what mode it loads in

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jeff,

Apologies for the late reply. I've been trying to track down an answer for you on this item, and unfortunately I haven't received any good answers. Looks like this is a limitation in the software. Suggest you post an enhancement on the ArcGIS Ideas site.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Jeff,

Sorry for the delay due to recent AGOL update. From our understanding, what you really want is to refresh the attribute inspector other than the app. In the recent AGOL update, we added a configuration option so you can click Save button on the inspector to save all the field edits with one commit. To enhance this option, we can provide an option to refresh the inspector if SOI or database trigger is applied when Save button is clicked. This is under our consideration for Match update. As a developer, you may try to do so by yourself. The dev edition 2.7 with Save button option will be released in January. Thanks,

Jianxia