Export map layers to KMZ - not using the Extract Data tool in the Analysis widget

10-20-2017 08:06 AM
AhmadSALEH1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

Is there any method to export the map layers in the WAB to KMZ other than using the Extract Data tool in the Analysis widget?

I am trying to figure out a method that lets me export my map to KMZ file but not using the “Extract Data” esri out of the box tool.

The reason on this:

• 1- The Extract tool doesn’t work with any feature layer, the layer should be a hosted feature layer. In my case I want to export features from a service hosted in my ArcGIS server.
  • 2- I want this tool to be available for all of my app users regardless the permissions/ levels.

I am thinking of using a geoprocessing service that uses the “Map to KML” tool in the arcmap, but the main issue it that this tool takes an MXD as an input and I think it will not work on the app builder.

Thanks a lot,

4 Replies
LukeCatania
New Contributor III

Did you ever figure this out?  I have a web app that executes routing and LOS tools and I want to export the results of these tools to a kml/kmz file.

0 Kudos
AhmadSALEH1
Occasional Contributor III

I end up sharing "layer to kml" tool as a geoprocessing tool and it worked, but I would love if there is a native tool that does the job

0 Kudos
LukeCatania
New Contributor III

I'm actually trying to export results of my geoprocessing tools; but only layers that show up are the map services and not sure what to do about the "Save result in" field.  Putting a local folder yields "Value entered is not valid".

0 Kudos
GdB_Admin
New Contributor III

Would you be willing to share the code you used to make this layer to KML tool. i am struggling to make this myself.

Thank you for your time on this. Please let me know if you have any questions
0 Kudos