AnsweredAssumed Answered

Bug when submitting survey

Question asked by tom.rippetoe on Oct 5, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 2, 2018 by tom.rippetoe

It seems that I found a bug when submitting a survey.  I stumbled on this bug when trying to restrict access to the hosted feature service of a public survey. I followed the settings recommended in this Survey123 blog post. In the hosted feature service settings, I checked the option 'Editors can't see any features, even those they add'

Steps to reproduce the bug

1. Open Survey123 app and ensure that i am not logged into AGOL
  2. Open the public survey, complete it, and click the Submit button
  3. The app seems to be submitting the survey, but when it finishes the 'error indicator' is shown on the survey's name. Clicking on the survey name, opens this dialog
  4. I tap the 'No' button and the dialog closes
  5. Then if I click the ‘Send’ button again (attempting to re-send/re-submit the survey), I get the following error message:
  6. And sure enough, when I query the REST endpoint of the underlying hosted feature service, I see that the survey was successfully submitted the first time. My attempt to re-send would indeed be creating a duplicate record.

It seems that Survey123 is falsely reporting that the Survey submittal failed.

If i go back to the hosted feature layer's settings and select the option 'Editors can see all features', i can successfully complete and send new surveys.

Thanks

Outcomes