Searching Sent Folder - Returned Record Doesn't Match Displayed Instance Name

10-04-2017 11:30 AM
RalphBeishline
New Contributor III

We are in the review phase of our survey and are having field staff check submissions that were flagged for further review. The survey is batched into 'Areas' and distributed to the various field staff personnel.

The instance name of the survey is concat (${Area}, "-", ${Num}) which would display as 405-7 for the seventh location in area 405.

We have a field staff member reporting that when they filter the Sent folder and search by area '405', the correct instance names appear for the area, but upon selecting a particular displayed record '405-7' another record the staff member completed is opened from an entirely different Area, '406-12'. The staff member reports records from Area 105 opening as well during a search for '405'.

We had the staff member confirm that both not using a search filter and searching the full '405-7' instance name opens the correct record.

Has anyone else encountered this, and is there any explanation as to a cause?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ralph

Can you confirm what version of the app you are using?

2.4.72 has a patch for this issue.

Thanks

John

RalphBeishline
New Contributor III

I'm in the process of following up with the field staff member, but I can imagine their version might not have been updated since the survey start of July 1.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ralph,

Can you confirm what version of the Survey123 field app you are using?

The latest version 2.4.72, which is now available in all the app stores, had a hotfix for Inbox filtering which should resolve the issue you are reporting.

If you are using 2.4.72 already and Inbox filtering is not working as expected, could you provide a copy of your survey so we can investigate further.

Regards,

Phil.

RalphBeishline
New Contributor III

I'm in the process of following up with the field staff member, but I can imagine their version might not have been updated since the survey start of July 1.

0 Kudos