Publishing from 10.5. Preview shows correct results, and no error messages seen during publishing. The Service Definition and Feature layer are both created, but empty - no records.
here is a link to the published service
I suspect the issue could be due to a problem with the spatial reference. Test if the layers are overlaying correctly over the basemap in ArcMap (before you publish).
If the above step looks fine, try to define the coordinate system of the data-frame to WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere, use appropriate transformation method, and republish the Feature Layer.
We do not use WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere on IndianaMap we use NAD_1983_UTM_Zone_16N (epsg projection 26916). I've confirmed both the data frame and the layer are set to 26916.
I am also having this issue. Posting 30,000 line features in a feature service. It publishes successfully but there are no records in the published feature service.Have tried making new copies and overwriting or publishing new feature services. Spatial reference does not seem to be the issue.
I'd suggest sharing your map package or pro package to dig into the data and setup, but there sounds like a bug in the publishing process. Consider contacting Esri Technical Support to help troubleshoot further.
Check your editor tracking settings. In my case, the problem was a conflict with having editor tracking enabled on the FGDB feature classes, but also having the editor tracking fields turned off in ArcMap for publishing. Once I turned them back on in ArcMap, the feature service published with all data present. I also had success with disabling editor tracking and then turning off the corresponding editor tracking fields for publishing.
Retrieving data ...