AnsweredAssumed Answered

Issue with intermittent crashing of services

Question asked by TIDB02 on Sep 10, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 9, 2018 by frenkelj

I have created Feature services in ArcGIS Server 10.5.1. Data is stored in SQL database (2014). I am getting the message below in the server logs about the services crashing. This seems to be happening intermittently to most of my services. It is also happening to the system\publishingtools  service.  It doesn't seem to affect the end user. For example users consuming the services through Collector (through ArcGIS online ) are not receiving any error messages. The error message is just occurring in the background in the server logs. I have checked in the location specified in the error message below but there does not seem to have been any error report created.

" Instance of the service 'OpsOutletsMV.MapServer' crashed. Please see if an error report was generated in       'C:\arcgisserver\logs\SERVERNAME\errorreports'. To send an error report to Esri, compose an e-mail to       ArcGISErrorReport@esri.com and attach the error report file"

The issue occurs only in our production environment and not in our development environment which suggests it could be something to do with the setup in our production environment. I have logged this with esri technical support but have not had any solution offered yet. Has anyone else had this issue or have any suggestions for where I should be looking. This has been happening for a couple of weeks and I have run out of ideas. 

Outcomes