AnsweredAssumed Answered

Errors in Create a ListView widget --WAB Sample Code--?

Question asked by ftonini_msugis on Sep 6, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 7, 2017 by ftonini_msugis

I am following line by line the setup of a custom ListView widget from the official ESRI sample code page:

Create a ListView widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

• Under "Create a Widget Folder Structure": 

4)  Register the widget in the list.json at path/to/WAB/client/stemapp/widgets.

Is this list.json an error? There is NO such file inside ~client/stemapp or ~client/stemapp/widgets. Beside, do I                really have to "register" the widget? In order for it to be available to WAB, I thought it simply needs to be                copy/pasted into ~client/stemapp/widgets...

• When adding the widget to a new Web App (2D), I click to add my ListView widget (+ sign), but it shows with name "Demo". This would make sense if my folder and baseClass were named "Demo", but as you can see (attached zip folder) there is NO "Demo" word left in any of the files...any idea why this happens?

• Finally, the settings page should show something like this: 

but after copy/pasting the same code in the settings.js and settings.html, in my case it shows like this:

The list should be populated...This is strange since I have my operational layer saved and added in the web map from https://services1.arcgis.com/4yjifSiIG17X0gW4/ArcGIS/rest/services/JoshuaTreeImages/FeatureServer/0 :

Attachments

Outcomes