AnsweredAssumed Answered

numpy not importing for arcpy

Question asked by tdebaun_EMUA on Sep 1, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 1, 2017 by Dan_Patterson

In a similar vein to this thread How do you get Python 3.4 to see ArcGIS Pro arcpy?  I was having issues with pyscripter not importing arcpy from ArcGIS Pro. I was able to get it to find arcpy by following the suggestions in that thread, however it now throws an error telling me that it cannot access numpy. I have tried both of the following paths to lead pyscripter to the versions of numpy on my computer that were included with arcGIS Pro

sys.path.append("C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\site-packages")
sys.path.append("C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\site-packages\numpy")

additionally I have attempted using the following path to access numpy from anaconda's library.

sys.path.append("C:\Anaconda\Lib\site-packages")

when I attempt to use this path it thros an error stating that I am attempting to import a failed build of numpy.

I have also tried reinstalling all instances of python on my computer, as wel as reinstalling ArcGIS Pro.

for reference I am running ArcGIS Pro version 2.01 and running pyscripter with python version 3.4.3

Outcomes