Show labels in data results not Values

08-25-2017 08:27 AM
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

I have a list with 7 selections to chose from. the labels are descriptive text with spaces etc.... however the results only show the values (1,2,3,4,etc...)

is there a way to show labels as the answer in the results or are the values the only option? This isnt perferred because the values are limited to characters and amount of characters used. 

how can I get a long sentence to appear as a value to be seen in the results data? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Joe,

Can you clarify where you are not seeing the descriptions?  Is it in Survey123 app or website, a download, or some other application?

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

Hello James,

In the XLS form I have values and descriptions in image 2

when I want to view the results of a form (either in the data tab insurvey123 or download in excel I only see the values which aren't really helpful)- image 1

And the problem is the values column is extremely limited on what I can characters and number of characters I can place in there. 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Joe,

This is a limitation of the way Survey123 needs to store the data of a multiple choice question in the ArcGIS Online system- currently, you need to do a find/replace of the values with their labels as a post-processing step.

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

ok, will there be a future release where I can use more than 32 chars in the value field? 

0 Kudos