ArcGIS online map: cannot edit existing attribute expression. Bug?

08-23-2017 11:59 AM
AZendel
Occasional Contributor III

This weird behavior is occurring in both Chrome and Internet Explorer while trying to build a URL that will be displayed in a pop up for an AGO feature layer.  I've successfully started the expression by using:

var myURL = 'https://www.google.com/maps/place/';
myURL = myURL + $feature.STOP_NAME;
return myURL;

These initial lines of code are producing the results that I was expecting, as shown in the popup below:

But when I attempt to edit my expression, by double-clicking "URL" or highlighting "URL" and clicking the "Configure expression" (gear) button to the right, the expression "title" and the expression window are totally blank. Example:

So I can't continue to edit and refine my URL that will be built using two additional fields on the  $feature.  Am I missing something?  Or is this a bug?

As a workaround, I'm building my expression in notepad and will paste the final working version into the expression box.  But this will make it problematic to edit the URL at a later date.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Can you share your web map?

0 Kudos
AZendel

I've followed up in email to you.  Thanks for your interest

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I'll be curious to hear the resolution to this issue. Can you please share back to this thread what the outcome was?

0 Kudos
AZendel

Will do.  Are you experiencing the same problem? Or a similar problem?

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I am not. Just curious is all!

0 Kudos