Running ArcGIS API for JavaScript through Juniper Filter

01-13-2011 09:42 AM
ScottStricker
New Contributor
Is anyone running ArcGIS API for JavaScript through a Juniper filter environment?  We're trying to but the arcgis stuff is getting hung up somewhere.  We're running version 1.6.  Any pointers, tips, tricks... would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
PeterGorbutt
New Contributor
Is anyone running ArcGIS API for JavaScript through a Juniper filter environment?  We're trying to but the arcgis stuff is getting hung up somewhere.  We're running version 1.6.  Any pointers, tips, tricks... would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

I tried connecting to the ESRI javascript api online resource in Juniper but kept getting "Dojo undefined", I solved this by downloading a copy of the ESRI Javascript api and installing it on the server with the website. I downloaded it from MyEsri UK, they have a list of the libraries which in my case was version 2.5.

Once you have downloaded it you need to configure some of the javascripts to point at your server, there is a full set of instructions included in the download and found I needed to put the javascript api under the folder of my web application e.g. c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ahbexternal\arcgis_js_api

You might also need to add the url of the ArcGIS Server map services to the Juniper policy but I'm afraid I don't know anything about how to do that as our network team administer that side of things.

The only issue I have now is that I get mixed security content message in IE8 when the overview map is trying to load, ESRI have been unable to replicate the issue. All the functions seem to work it's just annoying as I know you can turn off the message but it just seems wrong to do so.

Thanks

Pete
0 Kudos