How to sort a table?

08-13-2017 07:51 PM
MaxMax2
Occasional Contributor II

I noticed that ArcGIS Pro SDK currently doesn't provide functionality to perform sorting of table. The only workaround is ORDER BY postfix clause but it works only for GDB. I need universal solution that can deal with different types of tables – FGDB, SDE, shapefiles.

In ArcObjects we have ITableSort interface that gives us ability to sort datasets. How can I sort tables at now with ArcGIS Pro SDK? Are you planning to add functionality similar to ITableSort?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ColinZwicker
Esri Contributor

Max Max,

We will be working on adding the ability to request a sorted rowCursor from a table in a future release of ArcGIS Pro. (similar to the functionality supported by ITableSort2)

Thanks,

Colin

0 Kudos
MaxMax2

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your answer. Can you say, are you planning to provide grouping functionality along with sorting? There is no such feature in ArcObjects but maybe ArcGIS Pro will have it. Grouping can be implemented via sorting so if you haven't plans on this feature it will not be a big problem. But it would be great to have built-in grouping instead of implementing it manually.

Max

0 Kudos
ColinZwicker
Esri Contributor

Max max,

Grouping client side, of via a table sort pattern is not currently in our backlog for a future release. However that is not to say it couldn't be added and prioritized accordingly.

Would you be able to email me your thoughts on a pattern?

Thanks,

Colin

0 Kudos
MaxMax2

Colin,

Yes, of course. But I don't see an email in your profile on GeoNet.

Max

0 Kudos