ArcGIS Server Python configuration

08-13-2017 04:41 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear all we are experiencing a problem with the configuration of Python and ArcGIS Server. We installed ArcGIS Server 10.5 in a new Windows server. During the installation we installed Python 2.7 in the default folder proposed by the installation wizard. In the same server we installed a transport modelling app (Visum). This application also requires a Python installation, so we installed again Visum (but this time in \\Program Files\Python 27 ). During the installation of this application some registry entries were added, specifically a new key under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\2.7\InstallPath

This keyword is storing the path to the new Python exe: \\Program Files\Python 27 .From this point, all geoprocesses using Python stopped working. It seems that ArcGIS Server is trying to use the new Python installation, that, of course, has not access to the arcpy library... If I modify the mentioned keyword pointing to the original ArcGIS Server Python installation, the geoprocesses start working again (but scripts launched by this other application fails...)

Is there any way to specifically configure ArcGIS Server pointing to its own Python, avoiding the interference of this new windows registry key/value ?

Thank you in advance

Jesús de Diego

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Did you not have an option to point to an existing python installation rather than install a new one?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dan

Not now. I asked the PTV (the firm that develops Visum) technical support guys the same question above : is there any way for configuring Visum for using a specific Python installation?

But still do not have an answer.

Thank you in advance

Jesús de Diego

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I am surprised that their software didn't check for an existing python installation.  I would await their response.  If it is not forthcoming, I would uninstall their software, and that 2nd version of python and hope for the best

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dan

This does not answer my question anyway...Maybe Visum can not use any existing python  version, but, can ArcGIS Server? 

Jesús

0 Kudos