Creating Attribute Expression in AGOL Pop-Up Config

Jump to solution
07-25-2017 01:36 PM
MaryEllen_Perko
Occasional Contributor II

Hi.  I am unable to add an attribute expression to my map service popup in ArcGIS Online's map viewer.  When I click "ADD" to create one, the form is blank and I see the following error.  Does anyone know what is perhaps missing in our configuration that would cause this.  Some map services work fine.  Some don't.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephanieWendel
Esri Contributor

Thanks for sharing those Mary Ellen Perko‌! I think this might have something to do with the domains on some of your fields. I can reproduce this with CommercialDamageAssessment (MapServer) on our sample server. I think this is probably a bug.

As a workaround, you can add the service at the layer level to see the fields in the arcade expression builder to build what you need to see but that does mean you'd have to add the layers individually instead of at the service level.

I'm going to contact via private message about getting you a case with Support so we can investigate fully and get you attached to a bug for this. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
StephanieWendel
Esri Contributor

Hey Mary Ellen Perko‌!

Do you happen to have group layers in your map service? Similar to this setup: Water_Network_Base_Map (MapServer) 

0 Kudos
MaryEllen_Perko

Hi Stephanie,

No.  The services have single layers in them.  Here are two examples if you want to give them a try:

NCDOT_Structures (MapServer) 

NCDOT_RoadCharacteristicsQtr (MapServer) 

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
StephanieWendel
Esri Contributor

Thanks for sharing those Mary Ellen Perko‌! I think this might have something to do with the domains on some of your fields. I can reproduce this with CommercialDamageAssessment (MapServer) on our sample server. I think this is probably a bug.

As a workaround, you can add the service at the layer level to see the fields in the arcade expression builder to build what you need to see but that does mean you'd have to add the layers individually instead of at the service level.

I'm going to contact via private message about getting you a case with Support so we can investigate fully and get you attached to a bug for this. 

0 Kudos
MaryEllen_Perko

Thanks, Stephanie.  I appreciate the quick response to this issue.

Unfortunately, the workaround won't work for all of our services because of the limitations when using a feature layer/service; especially one with a lot of features.  So, I look forward to the fix.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
StephanieWendel
Esri Contributor

Thanks again for working with us through a Support Case to narrow down the issue, Mary Ellen Perko‌! For any others running into the issue, we were able to log a bug which you can follow here: BUG-000107006: When adding map services with domains to the Map Vie.. 

Thanks again!

0 Kudos