point features overlap by zooming out in ArcGisOnline

Jump to solution
08-05-2017 03:28 PM
JuliaMiller
New Contributor

Hello

i am currently working on a map on a scale of USA. I want to show the location of professional sportclubs on city or metropolian base. 

When I zoom out to the scale showing all of the US, my point icons overlap which doesn't look nice. 

Does anybody know how to apply this? 

I tried to export it to ArcMap but it didn't work out. 

Thanks for your help!

Julia

#arcgisonline#visulisation#webgis#point analysis

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I assume you have an ArcGIS Organizational Account.

If you want to show the points at the Country level (in the form of point clusters), you could use ArcGIS Maps for Office. This will work with your ArcGIS Online Organizational account.

See Configure clustering—ArcGIS Maps for Office | ArcGIS for details. 

Note: Clustering can be applied while working with maps in ArcGIS Maps for Office. When sharing a layer to ArcGIS, clustering is turned off. If you want to share the clusters, share the layer as part of a map. See Share a map on ArcGIS.

We hope this functionality will soon be implemented in ArcGIS Online without the need for ArcGIS Maps for Office. You could also upvote the idea ArcGIS Online Heatmap and Clustering which is currently under consideration.

Think Location

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Have you tried set visible range so that they don't display at some scale level?

JuliaMiller
New Contributor

yes, I have tried this but unfortunatly this doesn't help. 

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I assume you have an ArcGIS Organizational Account.

If you want to show the points at the Country level (in the form of point clusters), you could use ArcGIS Maps for Office. This will work with your ArcGIS Online Organizational account.

See Configure clustering—ArcGIS Maps for Office | ArcGIS for details. 

Note: Clustering can be applied while working with maps in ArcGIS Maps for Office. When sharing a layer to ArcGIS, clustering is turned off. If you want to share the clusters, share the layer as part of a map. See Share a map on ArcGIS.

We hope this functionality will soon be implemented in ArcGIS Online without the need for ArcGIS Maps for Office. You could also upvote the idea ArcGIS Online Heatmap and Clustering which is currently under consideration.

Think Location
0 Kudos
JuliaMiller
New Contributor

Thank you! ArcGIS Maps for Office looks like a wonderful tool with the great features, which I really would love to check out. But I am only using a student licence, and it seems like my university doesn't fuction as an organization and so esri denies me access. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

when you go to My Esri (top right of this page), check to see if anything is listed under my organizations when you log in to AGOL... if there is, you can request permissions..  To expedite the process, contact your university software administrator or your faculty member to see if they allow students access to it

0 Kudos