How to update coded values of HFS published with Survey123 without overwriting service?

Jump to solution
07-11-2017 01:04 PM
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

Republishing a survey with Survey123 Connect after just updating some Coded Domain Values does update the options within the survey but does not update the domains in the HFS.

How can I update the domains in the hosted feature service without loosing my data.

When I access the Admin Rest endpoint it gives me the option to Update Definition but there is nothing to edit, the Input is blank.

Portal Federated with Server 10.4.1

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @TL2 @brianvan_druten @MikeOnzay @ShanaGail1,

Just wanted to let you know with the upcoming 3.16 October Release of Survey123 we have made improvements to the Connect publishing workflow with regards to domains and choice lists. You can check out the latest announcement, documentation and test out the latest 3.16 beta builds via the Early Adopter Community to get early access to these builds and the new Connect publishing workflows. You feedback on these improvements would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tucker - Survey123 Connect does not update the domain when republishing surveys. We do have this the addition of this capability open as an enhancement request, and I have added you to it.  As a workaround, you can manually update the domain with the values; see Updating Hosted Feature Services in ArcGIS Online | ArcGIS Blog  

TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

I have attempted this but my input provides nothing to edit?  Is portal different?

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tucker - yes portal is different. It does not provide you with the existing service definition to edit.

0 Kudos
Siew_WeiGoh2
New Contributor III

Hi, 

My question is similar to Tucker except I use Survey123 Connect with my AGOL (no Portal). I have found that when I need to add in additional items into a "list name" under the choices tab, I had to republish my survey in order for the new item to be recognised/accepted into the Survey. When I attempted this, the republish wiped out existing survey data previously collected. I do not want this to happen. So how do I add in new values into the choices to a survey without the republishing deleting previuosly captured data in the survey?

This is a function which I perceived to happen quite often, therefore it is important that there is an ability to add in new values to an existing survey already containing data.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Siew Wei,

The blog post mentioned by Johnathan in his first response provides directions for updating the domain list in ArcGIS Online.

Siew_WeiGoh2
New Contributor III

Thank you James.

0 Kudos
ShanaGail1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Johnathan,

The link you provided is taking me to a page that says "Featured in ArcGIS Blog"... "What's New in ArcGIS Blog" and I can't find the specific topic of "Updating Hosted Feature Services in ArcGIS Online".  Can you help me navigate there?

Thanks,

Shana 

0 Kudos
ShanaGail1
Occasional Contributor

Hi John,

Can you add me to this request also?  Any idea when it will be addressed?

Thanks,

Shana

0 Kudos