Error Code 502 and 503

06-28-2017 02:01 PM
DanielDePinte
New Contributor II

I am working with Survey123, trying to work out a totally different bug (error code 1003), and to do this I am attempting trial and error methods, which involves changing one thing and republishing the survey. I notice that as the middle of the day comes around I start receiving error codes 502 and 503. Sometimes one then sometimes the other. I am assuming it is trouble with servers or something upstream having to do with too much traffic on the server in the middle of the day, since I can run things fine early in the morning and late in the evening. I would like to be able to work on issues during normal working hours (crazy right?) is there something you all at ESRI can do to fix this? Thanks and cheers!

0 Kudos
16 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Have you thought about using if offline, and least for testing purposes?

Prepare basemaps for offline use—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/01/31/taking-your-maps-offline-with-tile-packa... 

Might not resolve all your issues, but at least it might lessen the stress while tweaking.

tagging https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123?sr=search&searchId=da00784d-9d78-4489-9d5c-f55a5758fd3d&...‌  for more exposure

0 Kudos
DanielDePinte
New Contributor II

Thanks that makes sense. I will take out the geopoint question to speed up the process.

0 Kudos
DanielDePinte
New Contributor II

So, know the tablet just keeps searching for feature service............one step at a time. Good thing I have multiple projects going on to jump around on.

0 Kudos
ZachMueting
New Contributor III

I'm getting this same error.  I hope it can be resolved.  My team is about to dump Survey123 with all the little problems we keep having with it.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

In case you haven't been following Arconline Issues?  today

ZachMueting
New Contributor III

It's up again!  Thanks.  Do you know why images might not be coming through?  I had to delete all the image questions in our Connect survey because they wouldn't send.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I don't, but very much could be related.  Not sure if KGerrow-esristaff‌ has anything to add, so tagging her.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

HI rjmdesign,

I can't be sure what is causing the issue. I'd suggest getting in contact with technical support to see if they can verify the issue that you are running into and how to move forward. Let me know if you need help getting in touch with support.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
ZachMueting
New Contributor III

It seems to be down again.  My team is going to give it till tomorrow.  Is this normal for the afternoon hours? 

0 Kudos