Error Code 502 and 503

06-28-2017 02:01 PM
DanielDePinte
New Contributor II

I am working with Survey123, trying to work out a totally different bug (error code 1003), and to do this I am attempting trial and error methods, which involves changing one thing and republishing the survey. I notice that as the middle of the day comes around I start receiving error codes 502 and 503. Sometimes one then sometimes the other. I am assuming it is trouble with servers or something upstream having to do with too much traffic on the server in the middle of the day, since I can run things fine early in the morning and late in the evening. I would like to be able to work on issues during normal working hours (crazy right?) is there something you all at ESRI can do to fix this? Thanks and cheers!

0 Kudos
16 Replies
DanielDePinte
New Contributor II

Seems to be the case for the past two days. I am going to wait to tomorrow too. The tablet just spins getting service information. 

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Vanessa Santos and Daniel DePinte,

This is not typical performance for hosted feature layers in ArcGIS Online.

We have had some intermittent, yet persistent issues with hosted feature services today and yesterday. Although they are separate issues we understand the combined impact they have on your work and apologize for the downtime in the past two days. We are working to address the issue in an update this evening at the highest priority.

-Kelly

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

All,

FYI, a fix was applied to ArcGIS Online at approx 10 pm PST on June 28th.

ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard 

(click the more link for Hosted Feature Services)

Hope this helps,

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Looks like there may still be intermittent issues this morning (6/29/2017 7:29 am PDT) per the status page.

DanielDePinte
New Contributor II

I have gotten one timed out error code this morning, but otherwise it has been working for me. I was able to solve my other issues and now back to the field to collect data! Thank so much for everyone's help solving the issue. Cheers and may the forest be with you!

KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

May the forest also be with you Daniel (I like that a lot).

Some issues were addressed last night, but as rastrauch‌ mentioned, there were som additional issues this morning for a subset of customers.

For those of you who may have re-experienced some issues today.  The issue impacting a subset of customers with hosted features on services1.arcgis.com causing sporadic timeouts and slow performance has been identified. We have stabilized the affected services and are working to prevent the issue from reoccurring.

Can you confirm that you aren't experiencing the issues currently?

-Kelly

ZachMueting
New Contributor III

haven't heard anything again today.  seems to have been working fine this morning. fingers crossed!!

0 Kudos