How to configure Web AppBuilder Query widget to highlight features on the map

06-26-2017 07:53 AM
KyleWikstrom
Occasional Contributor II

According to the Esri documentation (Query widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS ), the Web AppBuilder Query widget can be configured to query a related table and highlight the related features on the map and list them in the Query panel. So far, the results are listed in the Query panel, but the related features are not highlighted on the map.

The data is setup where a polygon feature class has a related table, and the widget is configured to query the related table. Are there any requirements on how the data is setup, the widget configured, or otherwise that I may be missing? Or perhaps I am misunderstanding what the widget is capable of doing. I'm looking for some enlightenment on this.

Documentation: Alternatively, if the query is performed on a related table, all the related features are highlighted on the map and listed in the Query panel.

6 Replies
mattstutts
New Contributor II

I realize this is a year old but I've the same general question.  I have a non-spatial table that shares relationship classes with numerous feature layers.  Using the query widget against the table does awkwardly bring up the related records from the features in the Results panel.  But nothing is highlighted.  Has anyone developed a widget that properly highlights/selects/filters features based upon a query of a related table?

0 Kudos
KyleWikstrom
Occasional Contributor II

Hey Matt,

The panel is populated with the results from the table query, but no features are highlighted on the map at this time. You must click the Feature Actions button and choose Show all related records. This then displays a list of the related signs and highlights them on the map. This was not how I originally expected the capability to work either. I hope this helps!

Best!

Kyle

mattstutts
New Contributor II

Appreciate the reply.  However, my situation is a bit more complex.  I'm querying a table that has over 200,000 records and shares relationship classes with more than a dozen feature classes.  If I set up a query on that table the related records across all feature classes don't display.

0 Kudos
KellyKnapp35
New Contributor III

I have a similar situation - a non spatial table related to multiple feature layers.  Instead of "click the Feature Actions button and choose Show all related records. This then displays a list of the related signs and highlights them on the map" I would prefer for the user to be able to just click on the record from the results list --> map would zoom and highlight record.

Also, View in Attribute Table is not listed for my results.  Is that due to multiple feature layers related to the same table?  It would be nice if the results could also be viewed in the related table.

Could this be solved with a javascript or Web AppBuilder Developer Edition?

Thanks for any suggestions!

0 Kudos
JacobRougeaux
New Contributor III

Has anyone had any luck with this?  I'm experiencing a similar issue when using a relationship table with the query widget.  The issue I'm having is that the Query Result layer does not appear in the attribute table.  Additionally, it causes the query results to not display for all the queries based on feature layers hosted in Enterprise.Correct Incorrect

Result appears in attribute table widget.                             No result in AT widget.

No relationship table fields in query widget.                        Relationship table fields included in query widget.

The query in this example is being run on the manhole feature layer.

0 Kudos
JohnBocan
New Contributor II

I am having issues with the query tool not highlighting or zooming into results as well.  I had updated my map slightly and had to redo the query widget It highlighted and zoomed to the layers but not now.  We have ArcGIS Enterprise/Portal 10.8

0 Kudos