AnsweredAssumed Answered

Set up an Oracle DBMS spatial table for editing via a feature service

Question asked by anthony.ryan_ergon on Jun 21, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 2, 2017 by anthony.ryan_ergon

Found this Esri support article (http://support.esri.com/technical-article/000012057) posted in May 2016 which goes through the steps to create database table, sequence, trigger that is suitable to create a feature class in Oracle Spatial RDBMS and pubish a feature service to allow editing of data. There is a note at the end of the article stating its for Server/Desktop 10.2.2.

I have been through the steps using 10.3.1 with no success (publishing error 00166 - SEVERITY High - Layer's ObjectID is not maintained by the database and the feature service is being published with "Create" capability enabled, when being analyised)

I was able to create a feature class within the Oracle Spatial RDBMS using the new->feature class right click context menu on the database connection file (.sde) within ArcMap/ArcCatalog and publish a feature service using that feature class with editing being possible when used in a WebMap.

I have the correct permissions on the database for the schema I'm connecting to (eg. create table, index, sequence, trigger, package, procedure, function).

Does anybody know where the documentation/steps are located to correctly create the feature class using SQL DDL statements only to allow a DBA to perform the task without needing any Esri application (eg. ArcMap/ArcCatalog)

Thanks

Outcomes