AnsweredAssumed Answered

Set interval for tracking widget position logging?

Question asked by franklin.alexander on Jun 12, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 14, 2017 by rastrauch

Looking for some advice here, as I am still learning Javascript, but have been tasked with making some changes to a widget that was authored by one of my predecessors. The widget tracks your path, logs the positions in a log file, and creates a csv file for export. The watchPosition() method takes positions constantly, which while great for accuracy, creates way too many entries in the log file and the csv file. I am looking for the best way to limit logged entries by either setting some sort of logging interval based on time, or by counting loops. I have been playing around with different scripts, and have found one that works fine in a testing environment, but when I insert it into the widget.js file it doesn't seem to do anything. The script basically takes a time stamp before the loop, and another one each time the loop repeats. I set up an array to capture the 'distance' between each time stamp and to capture only unique values (seconds). I then have it set up to log the position whenever the last added value entered into the array is divisible by 2.

The problem I am having is that the variables I defined before the loop aren't being recognized inside the loop, hence the distArray never gets populated. I don't know if this is a hoisting issue, or maybe has to do with the asynchronous nature of the widget.js code. Here is a snippet of my code, and I have also attached the widget.js file. Not looking for anyone to write me code for me, but I am probably must missing something that may be obvious to you guys! Thanks 

targetlayer.queryFeatures(query, lang.hitch(this, function(featureSet) {   

var ResultFeatures = featureSet.features;
      var currenttime = this.TimeStamp();
      var distArray = [];
      var startTime = new Date().getSeconds();

for(var i = 0; i < ResultFeatures.length; i++){
            var loopTime = new Date().getSeconds();
            var distance = loopTime - startTime;
            var currentLoc = (currenttime + ',' + PositionSet[0].toPrecision(8) + ',' + PositionSet[1].toPrecision(8) + ',' +                   targetlayer.name + ',' + ResultFeatures[i].attributes[resultField]);
            var currentLocArray = currentLoc.split(",");
            resultsArray.push(currentLocArray);
            var logValue = this.Log.value += '\r\n' + currentLoc;

if (distArray.indexOf(distance) === -1) {
                   distArray.push(distance);

if (distance % 2 == 0) {
                         logValue;

} else {
                         continue;
                   }
             }

Attachments