mitchell_gpsit

Using Z-enabled layer in Collector - Offline Sync Mode

Discussion created by mitchell_gpsit on Jun 7, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 23, 2017 by miaogeng_zhang-esristaff

Hi all,

We currently have an issue where our Z-enabled point layer is unable to be edited using Collector for ArcGIS.

• While Collector for ArcGIS is being used online (e.g. with Mobile Data) there are no issues with creating or editing data on our Z-enabled point layer.

• While Collector for ArcGIS is being used offline (Using "Download" to download data and basemap) we are unable to create or edit data on our Z-enabled point layer.

To detail the error experience:

• IOS: Download Data/BaseMap - Enter Map - Create Feature/Place Feature - Error "The shape must have a Z value"

• Android: Download Data/BaseMap - Enter Map - Create Feature/Place Feature - *Nothing Happens* (Usually you would see "Stored on device"

Point Feature Class Details:

Z-enabled, no Vertical Datum, has been published with a default z-value of 0 when edited. ArcGIS Online Hosted Feature layer published from ArcGIS Pro.

I am interested in any work-arounds anyone knows of but I would rather that someone from ESRI is able to confirm the issue.

I don't think screenshots are necessary here, hopefully someone is able to simply replicate if they have the time to check.

Thank you for reading,

Mitchell

Outcomes