Update domains in Feature-layer from Survey123

Jump to solution
05-31-2017 05:08 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I really like the oppurtunity to add new choices in a list (select_one XX) and republish the survey and the user can se the updates.The data is shown in a Feature-layer in AGOL. I tested to update the list in order to get new domains  in the layer in AGOL and later in Collector.

To my disappointment the changes didn´t appear. A collegue told me that in Arcgis-Server a restart of the server would add the new domains.

Is it possible to update the domains in Feature-layers in AGOL from Survey123 and why not?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User @CarmelConnolly,

Just wanted to let you know with the upcoming 3.16 October Release of Survey123 we have made improvements to the Connect publishing workflow with regards to domains and choice lists. You can check out the latest announcement, documentation and test out the latest 3.16 beta builds via the Early Adopter Community to get early access to these builds and the new Connect publishing workflows. You feedback on these improvements would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Johan, 

This post should explain what happens when you update a domain list and a workaround: https://community.esri.com/message/673853-survey123-add-chioce-to-pick-list  

Carmel

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User @CarmelConnolly,

Just wanted to let you know with the upcoming 3.16 October Release of Survey123 we have made improvements to the Connect publishing workflow with regards to domains and choice lists. You can check out the latest announcement, documentation and test out the latest 3.16 beta builds via the Early Adopter Community to get early access to these builds and the new Connect publishing workflows. You feedback on these improvements would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Phil.

cnnlly
by
New Contributor II

Thanks Philip - I'm impressed with the follow up 5 years later!